DOE Office of Nuclear Energy Nuclear Industry Advisory & Assistance Services Support
Sigma Science provides nuclear industry advisory and assistance services (A&AS) to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Nuclear Energy (DOE-NE), at various locations, under a 5-year $49 million Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract (May 2022-April 2027). The contract scope calls for providing the DOE-NE with a sole source vehicle for fast access to industry experts and technical resources. Services include domestic and international nuclear policy advising, feasibility and technology studies, analyses and evaluations, engineering and technical projects, and facilitation of institutional services. Sigma Science is the prime contractor, supported by subcontractors, including NAC International, Inc., ENERCON, Leidos, and Strata-G, LLC (Strata-G). Key areas of support include:
- Advanced nuclear fuels development and policy.
- High Assay Low Enriched Uranium (HALEU) policy and accessibility studies.
- Material recovery and waste forms technologies and processes.
- Sustainable fuel cycle options.
- GEN IV nuclear power policies.
- Uranium management and policy.
- Material protection, accounting, and control.
- Nuclear fuel storage and transportation.
- Used nuclear fuel storage and transportation.
As of February 2023, Sigma Science performs (or has completed) work under four discrete task orders valued at more than $1.4 million, including:
- Multi-Year, Civil Nuclear Credit (CNC) National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Evaluations.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for the GEN IV Industrial Forum Chair.
- Independent review of the Fortis Prototype Railcar.
- Subject matter expert support to the Nuclear Fuel Cycle Knowledge Management.