NNSA Los Alamos Nuclear Safety Engineering and Technical Support
Sigma Science provides technical support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) under a $4.5 million five-year contract, awarded on July 1, 2018. Sigma Science is the lead prime contractor on this Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Firm Fixed Price task order. The work scope focuses on nuclear safety technical support and includes major facility construction, modifications, and upgrades. Under the contract, Sigma provides the NNSA Los Alamos Office of Acquisition and Project Management (NA-95) with nuclear engineering subject matter expertise.
Key work scope includes:
- Support activities for recategorizing the Radioactive Laboratory Utility Office Building (RLUOB) as a Hazard Category 3 (HC-3) nuclear facility.
- Participate in the Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement (CMRR) equipment and Hazard Category 3 fire safety team meetings.
- Participate in start-up activities related to the Waste, Characterization, Reduction, and Repackaging Facility (WCRRF), downgrading from an HC-2 to an HC-3 nuclear facility.
- Participate in the LAP4 equipment and mobilization team meetings.
- Monitor the status of the CMRR HC-3 recategorization activities.
- Attend the Los Alamos Plutonium Pit Production Project (LAP4) core team meetings.
Sigma Science continues to support NNSA, providing contractor oversight of activities related to contractor planning of significant nuclear facility upgrades.