Savannah River Nuclear Solutions – System Engineering, Program and Project Management, and Capital Project Support Services
Sigma Science provided system engineering, program and project management, and capital project support services to Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS) for the Savannah River Pit Production Facility (SRPPF) project. Sigma provided services from December 2019 to January 2022 under a $579K contract, which included the following:
- Provided technical, systems engineering, and program and project management support for:
- Risk management plan development and risk management activities.
- Alternative and decision analyses.
- Requirements analysis and functional analysis.
- Systems synthesis support, functional simulation, and model development.
- System integration and interface control activities.
- Program, project, and task execution.
- Plan management and implementation.
- Program and project operating system reviews.
- Validation and verification.
- Life cycle cost analysis.
- Value engineering and other study techniques.
- Process and procedure definition and improvements.
- Milestones identification and documentation.
- Metrics determination and performance trending.
- Provide support for program plans (including implementation plans and systems engineering management plans)
- Perform mission analyses for individual SRNS, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) programs and projects.
- Provide program and project management and systems engineering mentoring.
- Perform functional analyses for individual programs and projects for site-level integration.
- Developing process description documents for program and project management and systems engineering.
- Supported SRNS NNSA capital projects mission, primarily evaluating the SRPPF project scope, cost, schedule, and management plans.
- Provided advisory services and government contracting support to stand up NNSA capital projects within the SRNS prime contract structure.
Sigma was directly responsible for supporting the SRPPF project providing input and advice to the newly formed SRNS NNSA Capital Projects organization. Sigma provided advice for capital acquisition procurement and management and delivered the government contracting expertise required to stand up NNSA capital projects within the SRNS prime contract structure. As a member of the contractor review team, Sigma provided subject matter expertise in the CD-1 approval process for the SRPPF project. Sigma completed the SRPPF Contractor Independent Project Review in support of the CD-1 package while assessing the quality and content of the SRPPF CD-1 deliverables, further providing recommendations for improvement.