U.S. Department of Energy Office of Environmental Management Los Alamos Field Office Nuclear Safety Support Services
Sigma Science provides technical support services to assist the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Environmental Management - Los Alamos Field Office (EM-LA) in the development and execution of the Nuclear Facility Documented Safety Analysis for Technical Area G at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Sigma Science provides support services under a $4.5 million five-year contract, awarded in July 2018. The contract scope focuses on on-demand (as needed) technical engineering and technical support services.
Key contract activities include:
- Perform DOE Nuclear Facility Safety Basis Development per 10 CFR 830 Federal Rule and DOE-STD-3009-2014, including:
- Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) development and Technical Safety Requirement (TSR) development.
- Preliminary DSA (PDSA) development and engineering integration documentation.
- Nuclear safety, safety basis/design strategy, development, and integration, design review, criticality safety, DNFSB coordination, and PAAA enforcement support.
- Unresolved Safety Question reviews.
- Safety Management Program (SMP) support.
- Perform safety basis interface activities supporting continued waste storage and processing operations, upcoming retrieval and processing operations, and future site closure operations at LANL Area G.
- Develop a CAT II nuclear facility DSA.
- Develop a DOE-approved Quality Assurance Program compliant with applicable DOE quality assurance requirements and EM-QA-001, “EM Quality Assurance Program.”