NNSA Office of Management and Budget – Executive Secretariat
Sigma Science provided operational, analytical, and administrative business support services to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Executive Secretariat (NA-ES) (NA-MB-1.3) under a $4.5 million three-and-a-half-year task-order contract awarded in August 2019 and running through February 2023. (The NNSA NA-ES recently requested that Sigma Science submit documentation for a potential contract extension through August 2023.)
Contract activities support top-level NNSA communications that form key components of NNSA interactions with the U.S. Department of Energy, the White House, Congress, other governmental agencies, and the public. Activities included in this role include:
- Correspondence analysis and classified document control:
- Mail intake and output.
- Conference management.
- Internal and interagency collaborations.
- Development and processing of internal communications.
- Writing and editing correspondence and other documentation.
- Congressional reports (e.g., records management, internal and external correspondence).
- NA-ES, as a representative of the NNSA Administrator, must provide support as needed to NNSA program and functional offices. (Key groups include members of Congress and their staffs; state, interagency, tribal, and local government leaders; the press; and the public).
Key contract accomplishments include:
- Consistent contributions to the NNSA Office of Management and Budget Executive Secretariat.
- Continuous support of NNSA offices without interruption (even during national emergencies such as COVID-19, when most government agencies and offices were closed).
- Providing resources to address staffing shortages caused by retirements and other impacts.