Sigma is excited to have Jeri D’Orazio join the Sigma team as our newest Program Manager, responsible for supporting contracts across all Sigma departments.
Why did you decide to join Sigma?
Challenging career with a company that has a wide and diverse portfolio and that has been in the industry that I have passion for. I have had a good working relationship with Wayne Hohs and have looked forward to the opportunity to work with him again. He has nothing but good things to say about the culture and the leadership of the company. I am excited to help grow the portfolio and serve the current and future client base.
What are some of your helpful career highlights or experiences for Sigma staff to know about you?
I’ve worked from the ground up in Project and Program Management. Experienced in both Project/Program Management and Operations Management in both Nuclear Ops and Environmental Management for the Department of Energy and Department of Defense. Strengths in planning, cost control, scheduling with training and experience in DOE’s Earned Value Management System. Project Management Professional (PMP) certified in 2007.
What are some of your favorite hobbies, foods, interests, activities, etc.?
Hunting, Fishing and Long Range shooting are my passions. [I] would like to finish my Private Pilot's license now that all the kids have graduated.
What is a unique or fun fact about yourself?
My family were homesteaders in central Idaho and Teddy Roosevelt would stay with my family during hunting trips and my great uncle would tour him around central Idaho during his second presidential campaign. I have a picture of Teddy and my uncle in a buckboard next at the family ranch.
Is there family information you’d like to share?
I’ve been happily married to my best friend for 30 years. I met her at a craps table in Elko, Nevada. We have two sons and two daughters. Two have graduated college and are establishing themselves in marketing and banking and one will graduate from college this next year. My youngest son is becoming an electrician with dreams of having his own electrical contracting business. When I’m not hunting, my wife and I enjoy spending off time at our place on Payette Lake in central Idaho.
What is your favorite place you’ve traveled to or want to travel to?
Salerno (Almafi Coast) Italy
Highlights regarding unique technical or professional skills, or relevant career achievements/awards
- Certificates of Appreciation for Contributions on two Six Sigma Process Improvement Projects at Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project
- Certificate of Appreciation for Contributions on the Successful Completion of the Three Mile Island Accident Spent Nuclear Fuel and Core Debris Project
- Certificate of Appreciation for Contribution on the Successful Completion of the Loss of Fluid Test Reactor Commercial Fuel Storage Project
- Authorized OSHA Construction Safety Trainer – OSHA Rocky Mtn. Training Institute
- Trained in both Six Sigma (Yellow Belt) and Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management Professional (PMP)